PASSPORT TO SAVINGS
The Rotary Club of College Park Foundation is introducing the “PASSPORT TO SAVINGS” in order to support our charitable giving & our local area restaurants during this difficult time.
Current Passport Resurants: 4 Rivers & The Coop; Bella’s Italian Restaurant & Pizzeria; Café Linger; El Potro Mexican Restaurant; Foxtail Coffee; Graffiti Junktion; Infusion Tea; Ivanhoe Park Brewing; The Local College Park; Pure Green Winter Park; The Soda Fountain; Subway; Tap Room & Dubsdread Catering; Tornatore’s; Trevi Pasta; Tin & Taco; New Moon Market; El Vic’s Kitchen; Bubbalou’s Bodacious Bar-b-q; Papa John’s; Digress
The Rotary Club of College Park Foundation, Inc. scheduled the 17th annual Taste of College Park Food & Wine Festival for April of 2020. During the spring and summer, the event was rescheduled as the COVID19 pandemic continued. Finally, in September, the Foundation cancelled Taste for 2020 and scheduled the 2021 Taste of College Park for April 22, 2021. The needs of the community, and especially the continuing needs of area restaurants, continue. To support area restaurants and to fund the programs and charities in the greater College Park community, the Rotary Club of College Park Foundation, Inc. announces a new PASSPORT TO SAVINGS featuring combined savings at 21 area restaurants of over $400.
Taste of College Park is the Rotary Club of College Park’s premier fundraising event. In previous years, more than $30,000 per year has been raised for local charities and programs benefiting the College Park community. The PASSPORT TO SAVINGS will also benefit the same programs and organizations. Taste of College Park combines food, wine, entertainment, silent and live auctions for an extraordinary evening in College Park. Local restaurants and distributors provide the food and wine, local retailers supply items for the silent and live auction and College Park residents support the event by purchasing tickets, bidding on auction items, and coming out to enjoy the evening. The PASSPORT TO SAVINGS will support area restaurants by offering savings at the restaurants that can be used from January through April of 2021.
Among the organizations benefiting from Taste of College Park and the PASSPORT TO SAVINGS are:
- Ronald McDonald House of Orlando provides a “home away from home” for families of seriously ill children receiving treatment at nearby hospitals.
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library provides age specific books each month to over 300 children from ages birth to 5 years who live in ZIP codes 32804, 32805, 32808 and 32810.
- The PolioPlus Initiative of Rotary International whose goal is to eradicate polio by immunizing all the world’s children against the terrible disease.
- The Love Pantry Program of the Christian Service Center provides hungry children and their families with free emergency food supplies, directly through College Park public schools.
- One Heart for Women & Children provides resources for Central Florida families as they transition through and overcome hardships of daily living.
- Rotary Club of College Park Local Youth Projects including Student of the Month awards, annual scholarships to local graduating students, and annual giving to local charities.
- Shelter Box provides disaster assistance worldwide.
- Relay for Life is a major fundraising initiative of the American Cancer Society.